Thursday, September 23, 2004

Twilight Zone over Cleveland
Over the last two days, there's been some freaky sightings in the skies over Cleveland. The local talk shows have been discussing the situation, but none of the local stations have documented the story. One station briefly covered the calls to the radio station, but haven't yet posted any reference on their web site.

Here's the deal....there have been an increased amount of contrails (vapor paths from airplanes) over the Cleveland/Toledo area which are hard to explain. Early morning Wednesday, these contrails were accompanied by orange and brown glows throughout the sky...and they weren't in honor of the Browns. Those contrails numbered over 50. None of them were around Cleveland Hopkins airport....but up around the Sandusky and Cleveland area. My office is about 10 miles from the airport. There wasn't a contrail to be found. However, as I drove home, toward the nuclear power plant in the area, I counted at least 15 of them directly above the city where the power plant is located. The pattern resembled a checkerboard....nothing like I've seen before.

Do I think we have UFO's in the skies above? No. However, I do think we've had Armed Forces jets flying about. Now, it could be surveillance for all the election campaigning here in Ohio....since we are considered the swing state. It's just a bit unnerving to see them above both nuclear plants (Perry & Sandusky) in the area.