Saturday, April 24, 2004

From Sea to Shining Sea...
I recall the story of Pat Tillman from the time, just post-9/11, when he chose to forego his multi-million dollar salary as a safety for the Arizona Cardinals to serve America in our fight against terrorism. When news surfaced early Friday morning that he had been killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan, I paused for a moment of reflection. After 700+ soldiers have made the ultimate sacrifice since the War on Terror began, I fear Americans have forgotten 9/11. The fear, the disbelief, the uncertainty,....and the anger that swelled throughout the country during the weeks and months which followed have faded over the past two years. Those emotions have too often been replaced with anti-war protests and government scrutiny. I pray we continue our support of the men and women who are sacrificing so much by serving our country in the fight to end terrorism.

Grace posted an entry which asks that we all consider what we can do for the forces serving in the War on Terror. Please take a few minutes of your time to drop an e-mail, send a book, write a postcard, or send little luxuries (hand cream, magazines, etc) for soldiers serving overseas.