Monday, April 25, 2005

Readibility

The art of borrowing from others' blogs....there's nothing quite like it. I got this one from Life's blog.

Shall I take this as a sign? All weekend long, the book that's been bouncing around my mind for years just wouldn't leave me alone. Now, if only Tuna's boyfriend would help me with the steps to submit the manuscript...I'd have no more excuses !! Well, other than the already neglected book club on News & Views.

www.copssister@blogspot.com - Flesch Reading Ease score is 100.

Flesch Reading Ease
The following is the algorithm to determine the Flesch Reading Ease.
Calculate the average number of words you use per sentence.
Calculate the average number of syllables per word.
Multiply the average number of syllables per word multiplied by 84.6 and subtract it from the average number of words multiplied by 1.015.
Subtract the result from 206.835.
Algorithm: 206.835 - (1.015 * average_words_sentence) - (84.6 * average_syllables_word)
The result is an index number that rates the text on a 100-point scale. The higher the score, the easier it is to understand the document. Authors are encouraged to aim for a score of approximately 60 to 70.