Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Random Rants

I didn't care for this season of Survivor. Blurry says I always hate them...not quite true. However, I felt this season's adventure was extremely boring. Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled the "right" person finally won...but how many variations of "Katie, you did nothing" and "Tom, you lied" can one person endure? The final tribal council with the jury should ROCK, yet it rolled itself down a slight slope, softly landing in a pool of stingerless jellyfish. All this, after quitter-Ian and his dutch-boy haircut gave up 2nd place for a "friendship". Bring me back to the cat-fights of Jerri & Alicia.

I'm frightened that Coby has adopted a baby. Not at all because he's a gay man, but frightened for the baby because he's such an very, very insecure man. Adopting a baby when he harbors these feelings just screams out of "somebody, please, LOVE me". I really don't buy his whole "I put all those feelings behind me that day on the island" banter.

I'm sad that the regular TV season is coming to an end. Sure, we have Big Brother to fill our summer....but I often grow tired of watching the live feeds by week 3.

I'm angry that ABC has acted as if it's the 1950's by shuffling Alias into the Thursday @ 8pm timeslot for the fall line-up. A show like Alias is delicate - this will be the third year it's switched nights....and now ABC thinks it has a prayer against Survivor and The OC? It's like they're banishing JG to Aunt Hilda's house in the country to hide the out-of-wedlock pregnancy. Disney, you suck - it wasn't so long ago that "Are You Hot" aired, so don't get all self-righteous on us.

I lost the last remnants of my Romber love when Rob started "suggesting" during post-race-interviews that the TAR producers held the AA flight for Uchenna and Joyce. While it absolutely may be true, Rob - when it comes to perceived favoritism from producers, people in glass houses should not throw stones. Have you yet found a home that can store all those prizes you won....???