Friday, June 30, 2006

Well, ain't that the shit...

My old hard drive - dead. D-E-A-D dead....no recovery possible for any of my data. I'm so tempted to call in CSI...you know one of those techs could piece it back together. The rest of my computer was completely outdated, so I have a shiny new PC tower. After hours of frantic research and pricing, I decided on an HP Media Center Pavillion. Thanfully, the lowest price was local, so I was even able to pick it up tonight. It's so amazingly fast (dual core processors, thank you). And, BONUS !! - thanks to the TV tuner, I've finally replaced my 13-inch bedroom TV with the one from my den/office. Now I need to save my pennies to purchase a wide-screen monitor.

The only thing that has irked me so far about my purchase is that after $1000 spent, the "new" mouse included was a fricking BALL mouse. I thought they ceased production of those back when we had dial-up connections. Question - does anyone know how to plug an older printers into these new towers? There's no spot for my printer connection (wide "teeth" connection, like the monitor)...which I can live without for now...but not for very long.

Since I can't recall any of my contact information, if you're reading this, drop me an email so I can capture your contact info again. Oh, and if you could reforward all the emails you've sent me over the past few years, that would be peachy (*wink*). Nah, I'm just kidding - but it's hell for an admitted pack-rat to have lost all her history.